Nail polish is one of the most important components of a woman’s armoire. Other than giving life to your plain looking nails, this beauty product is also a great way to protect your nails from chipping and other potential damage. Although going to the salon to get your nails done is a must for some women, there are others who prefer to do it on their own. That is why companies like FNUG makes an effort to satisfy such need by innovating trendy, quality nail polish that is just easy to apply.
Nonetheless, it still requires a certain level of care when applying this nail polish on your own. With that said, you should avoid the common mistakes below to ensure you are doing it the right way.
- Painting Your Nails Without Prepping the Surface. Make sure that the surface of the nails are ready before you apply a coat of polish. Otherwise, the polish will not properly adhere. When prepping your nails, you can use pure acetone as it will easily remove grease and other forms of residue.
- Skipping the Basecoat. You may not see its importance, but a basecoat helps the nail polish adhere better. It is also soft and sticky, making it easy to expand or contract with your nails. If you want to ensure that your nail polish adheres correctly, use quality products from trusted brands like FNUG.
- Painting Over Dirty Nails. Always make sure that your nails are clean before applying nail polish. Remove any moisture, dust, or any spot of old nail polish from your nails. No matter how expensive your nail polish is, you will have a problem adhering it to your nails if they are dirty.
- Not Sealing with a Quality Top Coat. Although you may be tempted to use a quick-dry top coat, it does not protect your nails the way a slow-drying top coat does. Typically, the latter ensures your nail polish will last longer and endure more wear and tear. Keep in mind that nail polish, like FNUG holographic nails, will last longer with a good-quality top coat.
- Painting Nail Polish the Wrong Way. It is recommended that you apply nail polish in three narrow equal strokes. Start from the middle and one on each side. You have to wait for at least two minutes before you apply the second coat. Make sure to use the right consistency. Too much will make it easier to peel. If you are using FNUF products, like a holo nail polish, be sure to keep the brush flat on your nail and drag in downwards slowly. Avoid using the tip as it may cause streaks and patches.
- Skipping Maintenance. If you want your nail polish to last longer, make sure not to skip maintenance. Don’t scrub pots and pans with your bare hands. Make sure to use gloves to keep your nails from chipping. It is also best if you apply a quick dry top coat every other day to keep your nail polish shiny.
These are just a few mistakes you should avoid when applying nail polish. If you want to ensure that your nails are done professionally, let the experts do it for you. You don’t want to show up at a party with a nail polish that is haphazardly done just because you were not good at painting your nails, do you? For best results, always check out top-of-the-line nail polish brands like FNUG. You may visit https://fnug.com/ for more details.