Microsoft Powerpoint training courses are magnificent tools for getting up to date on Microsoft PowerPoint software quickly and often reveal unrealized techniques. However, even the best of the best courses cannot teachthe user everything. Below tips will help you out in supplementing your introduction or advancement on Microsoft PowerPoint training
Microsoft PowerPoint Do’s
- Regularly update your Microsoft PowerPoint. It‘s because Microsoft PowerPoint is a big software packageand comes with loads of bugs. Microsoft Company is keen on releasing regular fixes that only work whenyou download and install them. Downloading and updating them will keep you updated and at truck during your Microsoft PowerPoint training.
- Get and install a default printer driver. A printer driver is a micro program that invokes the computer andinforms it on how to send information to the printer. Microsoft power point should have a printer driver evenif not necessarily connected to the network. If the default printers connected to the network, you can alwaysinstall a local driver in case you need to use the PowerPoint when the network is inactive.
- Learn to save documents and files often, because accidents such as computer crash, power failure orpeople spill fluids on the computer occur. It is not worthy to lose hours of work just because you forgot to save.
- Make it and habit by saving on multiple versions. Before undertaking significant changes in your documentor file use ‘save as’ click to save to a new file name.
- Make a backup of your saved copies. You can achieve this by copying them to a network drive, a CD, a USB or any other storage device. It will save you when your computer hard drive crashes.
Microsoft PowerPoint Don’ts
- Avoid making a copy and paste PowerPoint presentation but instead save the document or a picture to your local drive then use the insert, picture, from file to import the image into your project. Copying contents creates a network link that will cause adverse problems in the future.
- Avoid using Auto Layout. You might have come across this during your Microsoft PowerPoint training in theuse of PowerPoint 2002. Auto Layout is a Microsoft feature that is good to use but is always badlyimplemented. It causes an element to resize unpredictably and other effects.
- Avoid working on non-local drives. Using a network and removable drives is a beautiful idea for backup butit increases the chances of losing work when used as your primary work drive. Always work off a localcopy.
- Avoid using Office particular virus utilities because some other anti-virus applications contain a unique fileoffice scanning service. These scanning services are no longer more efficient than regular virus scanners but use more resources and often create other problems. You can always avoid them by disabling theapplication and enable normal virus scan.
You may have probably picked a lot more DO’s and DON’TS in your Microsoft PowerPoint training, and you’remore likely to encounter much more on your own as you use the software. You should always make an attempt at bringing out your presentation by making use of dos and don ts of Microsoft PowerPoint.
For certified Microsoft PowerPoint training facility and information visit http://www.nhaustralia.com.au/powerpoint-training-courses and get to know about their services and capabilities.